Pages - Menu

Friday, 29 November 2013

Cakes (without eggs or butter)

Cupcake-drawing-and-painting-cupcake-gallery-31622603-500-500

As a student I find myself often lacking the ingredients I need to do any real baking.

However, this doesn't stop the cravings and I find myself in the kitchen at odd hours attempting to do so nevertheless. So, without both eggs and butter (I don't eat it anyway so often a useless investment) I set off to make my cakes.

Browsing around online I took the influence for this recipe from a variety of sites and tweaked it till I was satisfied. This recipe is perfect to adapt to suit a whole range of dietary requirements.
  • 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
  • 2/3 cup of soft brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Teaspoon of vanilla extract (for vanilla cakes)
  • 1/3 cup of sunflower oil
  • 1 cup of water
  • 3 tablespoons of cocoa (for chocolate cakes)
Firstly, preheat the oven to 180 degrees before you begin mixing. Take the plain flour and salt and sift together in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Add in the soft brown sugar and continue to stir until you get a creamy texture before adding the rest of the ingredients. Place the mixture in cases or a tin and leave to bake for around 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Allow to cool before decorating and enjoy!

How often do you change traditional recipes? What do you think of this one?

Stephanie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment