Pages - Menu

Monday, 18 February 2013

Hair Care Review: Lee Stafford As Ruff As You Like It Clay

LeeStafford
Oh don't you just love the fluorescent pink packaging of Lee Stafford products?

I just knew the AS Ruff AS YoU Like IT* (The Lee Stafford capitalisation, not my own) clay would be just perfect on James' hair. I have never had a need to use clay products and tend to go for mouse or hairspray to add a bit of volume to my hair.

This clay works to give the beloved messy hair look (one me and James cherish) and can be used upon dry or wet hair depending on how extreme you want your styling. It has a nice fragrance, texture of a putty and the colour of actual clay!

What I really like about this product is the inclusion of  both palm oil and Shea butter to treat the hair. It makes the clay easier to work with, giving you that perfect look with its matte finish.
JamesLeeStafford
After washing and towel drying his hair, James applied a small amount of the clay and styled as he usually does. James regularly uses the Lynx Messy Look re-workable paste so presented that as his comparison.

He said that the clay was really easy and nice to work with, giving him a messy look without leaving a load of residue in his hair. Lee Stafford promises that the clay will give the hair "texture, definition and control" and James found it did. He also noted that the clay did not leave his hair feeling greasy like most hair products can. 

It really provides a rough and ready, just-got-out-of-bed style and an impressive hold.

Have you tried any Lee Stafford products? What hair products do you use daily?

Stephanie xox



2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any Lee Stafford products. :) From your review, I like the idea that it has palm oil and shea butter in it too and I do need volume for my hair! Haha Right now, I use argan oil every week at the ends of my hair and so far, I love how smooth my hair turns out to be. :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are two ingredients I just adore in products! I love how they do not leave the hair sticky or gunky either.

      Ah argan oil is brilliant too! :)

      No worries miss.

      Stephanie xox

      Delete