Pages - Menu

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New Years and my Resolutions ♥


New Years eve was just fabulous! After a long coach journey and way to many badly flavoured fruity shots, me and James arrived in London from Oxford. We had a quick look around before jumping on the tube to Leicester Square before walking through to China Town.

We started the night by eating  like kings in the Kowloon restaurant. The food was not particularly fancy and was a buffet style affair, but oh god did it taste good! Our bellies full, we waddled towards the the Embankment amidst half of London.

It was all very rushed and packed, being pushed to and fro like a load of squished cattle. The atmosphere was truly mental and at times rather out of control. I managed to get drenched by drinks twice and had to assist in breaking up the same number of fights. Eek!

All of the stress was worth it as the London sky lit up with an array of beautifully colourful fireworks! All the grumpiness of the cramped crowd dispersed for ten to fifteen minutes of brightly shaped bangs. Plus I got a midnight kiss from the most beautiful man I know hehe!

53524604542d11e2ae8022000a9e2946_67c188224542d11e2adfe22000a1fbd6c_69fdfd964542d11e28ce622000a9f13a7_6ab20c138544811e285a622000a1f9e5b_6

We all say it, 'New Year, new me'. This time I am adamant.

My resolutions are as follows:

Work hard
I want a first in my first year of university. I know people go on and on about how it does not count toward your final marks but it is really important for me to feel I am on the right track. I also want to update Thoughts of a Wannabe Journalist a lot more, with lots of interesting new content. If there is anything you would like to see more of, or anything new, then please do let me know!

Take long walks, get out more
Moving to Nottingham for university I find that I have not been walking as much. I want to really explore my new city and find some lovely places to relax and study in for when it gets warmer. It is going to be my home away from home for the next three years after all! Plus the exercise will be good for me!

Visit beautiful places - arrange a life changing trip
I really want to see more of the world and go to places others would not necessarily rush to. I am desperate to visit Columbia, I have seen so many beautiful things there that I want to see. It is all just a matter of saving up now!

Start a small online business
Keep your eyes peeled for this one. I am starting a new venture and shall be releasing all the details in the next few weeks. It is all very exciting!

Revise!
I need to get the grades so I plan to revise a lot more and for set hours. Hopefully a proper structure will have me on the right track to getting the grades I desire.

Get at least 8 hours sleep each night
This is a must! In my first term at university I barely slept. I put it down to stress, so hopefully all will be well now and I can catch up on all that well needed rest!

Be happy :)
I have been so stressed lately and have found it hard to adjust to all the changes. The Christmas break has given me a lot of time to reflect on what is important in life and I am going to fight for it!

Start saving, get a job
I need to save for all my planned adventures and to get by as a poor student. Here is to hoping I can find a nice part time job in 2013!

What are your New Years resolutions? Did you enjoy New Years Eve?

Stephanie xox

2 comments:

  1. Amazing blog :) I follow You now and I hope that you like my blog too! Have a great day ❤

    xx San☽
    owlspassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yours is lovely, I adore your photography! :)

      Stephanie xox

      Delete