Pages - Menu

Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Beauty Review: JolieBox


So I am bit late with my September JolieBox* review but I wanted to get a really well informed look at the products. This months edition came in the most beautiful multi-coloured box, a mix of pink, yellow and green stealing a spot upon my dresser immediately. Within the box were a selection of items, protected by a thick black drawstring bag.

Peeking in, I was surprised at the selection, not overly large but with some lovely products. The September JolieBox contained:

Balmi lip balm (10.5g)I was ecstatic when I realised JolieBox had contained a Balmi lip balm. I have been desperate to try it for a while now and I was even lucky enough to receive it in my most desired flavour of mint! I adore the mint green packaging and delicious cooling tingle the balm gives. It also contains SPF 15 for added protection against the elements. It is ergonomically sound, designed as a round plastic sphere which screws and clicks into place. The balm is also sphere, providing a quick and effortless slick of gloss when you need it most. The container is handily connected to a keyring loop, meaning you can keep your Balmi with you wherever you go, be it on your phone, purse or key ring! Balmi is also available in coconut, strawberry, blackcurrant and raspberry flavours.

2 Twistband Hair TiesI adored these handy little hair ties. I received them in khaki green and a golden yellow and found them to work fabulously! Not only are they lightweight, but also incredibly durable, holding up my mane of hair with ease. Twistbands are made of an elastic trim and designed to tie the hair without leaving bumps in your hair do, and they do just that! They are delicate enough to not feel tight but strong enough to hold the hair throughout the day. I think I have just found my hair tie solution, no more painful ponytails!

Redken Align 12 protective straightening lotionI am a big fan of Redken and frankly anything that tames my hair. This "straighten and shield" lotion for medium hair promises to protect and smooth unruly hair. Applying it to my damp hair as instructed, I carefully blow-dryed my hair in as straight a manner as I could. The result was beautiful shiny hair without the usual overload of flyaways and frizz. A very convenient hair time treat and you only need the tiniest amount of product!

Dr Bragi Bio Marine ExfoliantAlthough this product smelt like the scents you tend to avoid at the seaside, I found it to be the best of the JolieBox (the beloved Balmi is a close second). The results from this facial exfoliator astounded me. Using it predominantly on my T zone as advised, I used the remainder of the sample across my face. The texture was gritty and as I massaged it in I was left with a chalky white colour. On rinsing the product I found my skin to be the softest it has been in a long time. I put this down to the ingredients which include fossilised diatom algae (eek!), diatomaceous earth and witch hazel, known for its skin caring properties. My advice? Get your hands on some now!

I Love... Coconut Face Mask (15ml)While I adored the Dr Bragi Bio Marine Exfoliant, I was not overly impressed with the I Love... Face Mask. What put me off instantly was the texture, a stringy thick gel clinging to my unsuspecting face. If the coconut smell was not so delicious I would have probably washed it off there and then! Although advised to use the entire sachet, I found that half was more suitable (otherwise I would have been drowning in goo!). I found the mask rather awkward to apply with its stringy nature and ended up smothering my eyebrows although advised not to. There was no time limit specified on the pack, but within five minutes my face was feeling stiff. I began to peel the mask off with relative ease, using a warm flannel to remove the residue from my eyebrows. It left my skin feeling somewhat abused, clean and smelling wonderful. Although not a fan myself, anyone not terrified of face masks should definitely give I Love... Face Masks a go, they are suitable for every skin type and smell delicious!

All these products were accompanied by the glossy JolieBox magazine and a £25 off your first treatment at Skin3, a company otherwise unknown to me before the box. JolieBox is a subscription based beauty box offering a selection of branded products monthly for only £10 (plus £2.95 P&P) .

Did you get the September edition of the JolieBox? What are your thoughts of the products within?

Stephanie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment