Pages - Menu

Sunday, 2 September 2012

Perfume Review: Flowerbomb - Viktor & Rolf


Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb of 2005 has got to be one of the nicest floral smelling perfumes on the  market.

It is my all time favourite fragrance. Holding a place upon my dresser in its exquisite multi-faceted, diamond inspired, bottle for over three years now.

Flowerbomb is a sophisticated scent, an mille-fleur explosion, oozing with femininity. Its top notes include fresh green tea and fragrant bergamot.

Like the previously reviewed Alien by Thierry Mugler, the perfume is dominated by the richly feminine sambac jasmine. The heart of Flowerbomb also contains a floral mix of the Dutch centifolia rose, sweet freesia and the tropical cattleya orchid, as sweet as any flower.

The base notes are a contrasting mix of musk, patchouli and sweet powder. The musk aiding the staying power of the fragrance. Flowerbomb is available in eua de parfum and eau de toilette, the concentrated EDP had an incredible staying ability. The cheaper, but equally as exquisite EDT, shares its impressive lingering nature but for the sake of a few pounds its worth opting for the EDP. The patchouli promotes Flowerbombs oriental scent, acting as a background to the floral setting as the powder leaves the skin soft to the touch and smelling glamorous.

 Just writing this makes me want to splash out on another bottle and I advise you sample it also!


2 comments:

  1. I think this is such a beautiful scent, but my old housemistress at school used to wear it, so if I ever smell it I instantly think of her! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that is such a shame! I know how you feel though! My boyfriends mother is forever wearing Chanel perfumes so it has put me off for life! You could always try another with similar ingredients?

      Thank you for your comment :)

      Stephanie xox

      Delete