Pages - Menu

Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Hair Care Review: Percy & Reed 'Va-Va Voom Volume' Travel Pack


A relaxing bath after a long day is one of the nicest ways to spend your evening. Even better, is trying out your new Va-Va Voom Volume Travel Pack* by Percy & Reed.

Percy & Reed are masterminds in the world of hair care. Hairdressers themselves, they know exactly how to work your locks.  After opening up a salon in London the duo started working on their own range of hair care products. Va-Va Voom Volume Travel Pack was born!

So as one can expect, the 'Volumising Shampoo' and 'Volumising Conditioner' first. What strikes me instantly with Percy & Reed products is the incredible and individual smells of each item, utterly delicious and noticeable. The shampoo is scented with blackcurrant extract and enhanced with  pro vitamin B5. I found that both the shampoo and conditioner glided down my hair, smoothing it and aiding it against its usual state of being a tangled mess (trust me this is a miracle, even hairdressers are scared to approach my mane!). As I have dip-dyed/ombre hair I also suffer with dry ends. Following the bottles recommendation, I left the conditioner on for an extra two minutes. After leaving it on, I found that the shampoo and conditioner combination softened out my hair, perhaps due to the rape seed oil and aloe vera gel within the conditioner.

After this sleek and squeaky clean experience, I attempted to add some volume and shine with the remaining products. I half towel dried and half blow dried my hair and began to experiment. I started with the 'Bodifying Cream', working it from root to tip as instructed and immediately started seeing results and bounce!

Having quite thick hair, I often use a variety of additional products and this set is just perfect, containing literally everything you need. Following the oh so useful styling tips along the bottle, I used the 'No Oil Oil' (for fine hair unfortunately, but understandable as this is a volumising kit and us thick haired ladies are usually satisfied with the size of our manes) and 'Volumising Mousse' in unison: 'Expect glossy, voluminous weightless movement and finish when you mix the Volumising Mousse with No Oil Oil for fine hair'. 

I got what I was promised and was left with shiny, full and delectable  smelling hair! Percy & Reed also claim that the violet extract and consistently used  pro vitamin B5 in the 'No Oil Oil' repairs and protects damaged hair. As for the 'Volumising Mousse', it did not leave the nasty gunk usually associated with this kind of product. I finished this off with a pretty well holding spritz of the 'Session Hold Hairspray'.

Overall, I think this little kit is fabulous, containing everything you need for beautiful and glamorous hair every time. The little styling tips offer a  personal touch, giving you a step-by-step guide, as if Percy & Reed were personally at your disposal. It is also not particularly time-consuming and do-able daily! The kit is priced at £24 and includes all of the above.

It looks like Percy & Reed are my new hair Gods! Have you tried any Percy & Reed products? 

Stephanie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment