Pages - Menu

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Summer 2012: Cocktails with the girls.



Me at Lan Kwai Fong

Cocktails with the girls proved to be fun. Lan Kwai Fong on the Cowley road (Oxford) is amazing. Seriously amazing. Walking past you would believe it to be an Old English Pub, step inside and you enter an orient inspired restaurant and cocktail bar (me being particularly interested in the latter). The cocktail list is huge and with a daily 'happy hour' from 4 till 7pm who could possibly resist? Not only are these drinks good value at around five pounds but they look fabulous! I am literally desperate to return.

Mango Bango, Screaming Orgasm
& Peach Margarita
Valuable life lesson
Is the food as good as the cocktails you say? Well I found it to be delicious on a lunch date with my mother. I had the sweet and sour chicken with egg fried rice - yes I am boring.   My mother, on the other hand, went for the slightly more daring Malaysian style curry.
The staff were attentive and sweet, smiling away as they offered us prawn crackers and checked all was well. I even left with a cute smiling strawberry that often graces their delicious cocktails and freshly made cakes. 


Overall, Lan Kwai Fong is a treat and treasure to the Cowley Road. A little more expensive at around £7 -£8 a meal in comparison to other eateries in the area, but definitely worth the extra penny! 

You may even just see me in there on a sunny day. One Mango Bango please!




No comments:

Post a Comment